Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Multiplying integers?!

Why in the world did Matthew skip over subtracting integers?

Well, we're trying something a bit new this year. Every year I teach integers I do the same order... +, -, *, and /. So this year I'm trying to mix it up a bit. We've done Adding (still practicing it though!) and today we walked through the rules for Multiplying. The pictures you see below are of the Cheerleading Routine that Rachel (et al) helped to create to help us remember the rules for multiplying integers. We got so wrapped up in our routine that we only got to do a few examples before it was time to go! Alas, no homework.

And an apology for such a late post. The latter part of my day was spent in my role as fourth year advisor on a mini-retreat with the fourth years. AND, Math 6 will not meet tomorrow due to Adolescent Issues Forum. Until Thursday!