Monday, December 8, 2008

Oh where, oh where has Matthew been?

You may (or may not!) have been wondering about my whereabouts considering my lack of posting on the blog. :)

Last week was an incredibly full week--just beside myself busy.  You all know how that feels!

And to add to the mayhem, I was away at the North Carolina Educational Technology Conference in Greensboro on Wednesday and Thursday.  I cannot express to you what an amazing conference this is... you'll have to check out their website and read some of the session descriptions.  This trimester I am actually considered as part of the "admin" staff in the middle school--and my focus is technology.  I am blessed with the gift of time in the afternoons to learn about and offer workshops for other middle school staff members on technology.  This conference was a way for me to keep my thumb on the pulse of what's happening.  The newest buzz in the educational technology world?  GoogleDocs. :)  You should check it out if you've got some time. 

Anyways, last week your children worked heavily on place value of decimals, adding & subtracting decimals, and multiplying decimals.  The latter they actually worked on with Lisa Ray, parent of a CFS students, while I was at the conference.  Lisa helped introduce the kids to sales tax and tipping which has launched us into a conversation about percentages and world currencies.  Exciting stuff!

This week will see a move to dividing decimals... and onto our test next week before break on all of the decimal stuff we've done.

Whew!  Enjoy and have a lovely evening!